UK Nurses Do Not Trust Their Own Hospitals

.

UK Nurses Do Not Trust Their Own Hospitals Only two in five Health Service staff would be happy to be treated at their own hospital, a survey has revealed.

In a massive vote of no-confidence from the workers, just 39 per cent said they would be satisfied with the standard of care if they were admitted as a patient.

... Amost a third of staff – and almost a half of ambulance workers – said they had experienced violence or abuse from patients.

Hmm. I wonder why it is that so many patients are behaving abusively towards the NHS staff these days.

Hmm. Let me think now.

Hmm. Perhaps it is the colour of their uniforms.

Nah.

Hmm. Perhaps it is to do with global warming.

Nah.

Hmm. Perhaps it is to do with the fact that the NHS staff seem to be so rude and dismissive of their patients and have been found on numerous occasions to be neglecting them horribly - even the ones who are seriouly ill and dying.

Maybe that has something to do with it!

Nah.

...........................................

True story coming up.

I was once at a London hospital having various tests, at the end of which I was sent to the appointments desk to make a further appointment. The woman in attendance was on the phone. "I'll be with you shortly. Take a seat."

I took a seat.

And as I waited - for ten minutes - I heard this woman talking to someone who was obviously a barman, and the conversation with him concerned the possibility of him employing her daughter for a summer vacation job.

I was not happy.

Through my taxes, I pay for that woman - in fact, I am forced to pay for that woman - to do a certain job. But she does not do it properly. Furthermore, she wastes my time and she wastes NHS resources.

And her manner is appalling.

Maybe this is the kind of thing that makes people abusive.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home